Many of you may have noticed that while logging into the TP-Link wireless range extender, a login field asks for device default password. Ever thought what this password is for? Don’t worry even if you have never thought of this. This is a TP-Link extender default password which is required to be filled into the password field. This is a default password of your device which is used to pass the authentication process of the extender. In this article, you will learn how to change the TP-Link extender default password and how to reset it if needed.
How to change the Password?
Now we will discuss how to change the TP-Link extender default password. We have explained the whole process using TP-Link extender web interface.
- Firstly, plug the TP-Link extender into the power outlet near the location where you face an issue with the wireless network range.
- Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into the device and another end into the computer in order to establish a connection between the device and the computer.
- Navigate to the TP-Link extender web interface on your computer and you will see the TP-Link login page on the screen.
- After you see the TP-Link login screen, enter the username and the password of the range extender.
Username – adminPassword – admin
- After you log into the device, navigate to the TP-Link admin setting page and you will see change default password option.
Enter a new default password and save the settings on the device. Now the device will restart and this time you will need a new password to log into the device.
TP-Link Extender Reset default Password
In this section, we will explain you the process of TP-Link extender reset default password. It is the easiest task for any user.
- Look for the reset button on the bottom of the device and press it with the help of a paperclip.
- Now, hold the button for a few seconds until you see the lights flashing on the device.
- Release the reset button and wait while your wireless range extender restarts.
Now that you have reset the device, the TP-Link extender default password will also be changed automatically. This is because the device is back to its factory default settings and hence you will need a default password to access the TP-Link extender.
So this was all about the process changing the TP-Link extender default password and resetting it. We hope that this tutorial helped you in the solution of the query that you were looking for. In case you face an issue, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.